Agriculture Crops & Livestock
- Level 1 Rural Pathways Diploma in Land-Based Studies in Agriculture
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Agriculture
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate/Diploma/Extended Diploma in Agriculture
- Level 3 Kirkley Hall Shepherding Course
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Agriculture
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture
- Foundation Degree in Agriculture
- BA (Hons) Degree in Agriculture (Top-up)
- Range of NPTC courses relating to Agriculture
Course Levels1 2 3 4 5 6
Agriculture & Shepherding at Kirkley Hall Campus
The grounds at Kirkley Hall and at Carlcroft, our hill farm in the Cheviot Hills will give you hands-on experience and expertise in managing a large, varied and historic estate. As part of our £10m campus upgrade, our new workshops have three agricultural machinery bays, a range of specialist equipment, arboriculture workshops and state-of-the-art analysis software and tools where students will learn how to maintain and use machinery.
Our two farms are working farms where agriculture students can gain hands-on experience of managing livestock and arable crops. Our cattle consist of a 50+ commercial suckler herd, a small pedigree herd of
Aberdeen Angus, 1000 Blackface, Mule and Texel breed sheep as well as poultry.
There is a full range of farm machinery and equipment which we continuously update to ensure students are learning on the latest industry standards.
Workplace preparation is a vital part of our courses with opportunities for work experience and work-related activities.
Courses have clear progression routes from Level 1 through to BA (Hons) Degree.