Animal Care & Management
Equine Care & Management
- Level 1 Diploma in Land-Based Studies - Animal Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Animal Care
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate/Diploma/Extended Diploma in Animal Management
- Level 2 Dog Grooming
- Level 3 Dog Grooming
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Animal Care
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Animal Care
- Level 2 Diploma for Veterinary Care Assistants
- Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- Foundation Degree in Animal Management
- BA (Hons) Degree in Animal Management (Top-up)
Course Levels1 2 3 4 5 6
Animal Care & Management and Veterinary Nursing at Kirkley Hall
Our Animal Care and Veterinary Nursing courses prepare you for a range of exciting career prospects working in the animal industry.
You will work and learn in amazing real working environments at our Kirkley Hall Campus including our Zoological Gardens with aquatics centre and our veterinary practice where you will gain hands-on experience.
The college, one of only three colleges in the UK to achieve full membership of BIAZA, recently received two Blue Cross Animals in Education awards.
Students also have the opportunity to access our Zoo Cadet Keeper programme during their studies as well as taking additional qualifications, such as, dog walking, pet sitting, animal health and husbandry and safe use of veterinary medicines.
Workplace preparation is a vital part of our courses with opportunities for work experience and work-related activities.
Courses have clear progression routes from Level 1 through to BA (Hons) Degree.