Countryside Management & Gamekeeping
- Level 1 Diploma in Land-Based Studies Countryside and Environment
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Countryside and Environment
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Countryside (Game Management)
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate/Diploma/Extended Diploma in Countryside and Environment
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Environmental Conservation
- Foundation Degree in Environmental Conservation
- BA (Hons) Degree in Environmental Conservation (Top-up)
- Range of NPTC courses relating to Countryside Management
Course Levels1 2 3 4 5 6
Countryside & Game Management at Kirkley Hall Campus
The Kirkley Hall estate with over 190 acres of land, rivers, trees, gardens, woodland, grassland, hedgerows and habitats is the ideal place for you to gain the hands-on skills you need to get that dream job.
Our Countryside Management and Game Management courses prepare you for a range of exciting career prospects in the environmental conservation industry. Students help to manage the college estates at Kirkley Hall and Carlcroft in the Cheviot Hills as well as other estates in partnership with local land owners, giving valuable knowledge of different habitats.
Game-keeping students rear their own game, train gun dogs, undertake deer management, vermin control and sheep management and organise game shoots.
Workplace preparation is a vital part of our courses with opportunities for work experience and work-related activities.
Courses have clear progression routes from Level 1 through to BA (Hons) Degree.