Forestry & Arboriculture
- Aerial Tree Rigging
- Arboriculture (Trees and Timber) Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Arboriculture ABC Level 2 Certificate (Theory only)
- Arboriculture ABC Level 4 Award and Certificate
- Arboriculture ABC Level 4 Diploma
- Arboriculture ABC Level 6 Certificate
- Arboriculture Level 3 90 Credit Diploma
- Arboriculture Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- Chainsaw Refresher Day
- Chainsaw Use from a Rope and Harness
- Manually Fed Wood Chipper Operations
- Safe Use of Stump Grinders Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue
- Tree Inspection Course
- Tree Surgery for Craftsmen
Forestry & Arboriculture at Merrist Wood
Working in arboriculture can involve very diverse activities such as… chainsaw work, tree climbing, pruning and dismantling, using brushwood chippers or stump grinders, undertaking inspections and surveys of individual and woodland trees, advising landowners on how to care for their trees, or teaching others about the benefits of carefully managing trees.
Our former students now practice through the UK and across the world including Hawaii, New Zealand, the USA, Canada and Australia. Our courses combine practical and theoretical principles in the science, management, ecology and planning of tree and woodland care.
You will experience practical work on the College’s estate and have access to specialist machinery and industry standard equipment. Our team of tutors have many years experience in the industry and the College has been delivering arboriculture courses for over forty years.