Preparing your Apprentice for End Point Assessment
As part of their continued support for the sector, City & Guilds are running a series of national quality improvement events aimed at all vocational sectors delivering new apprenticeship standards and EPA with City & Guilds.
This day of engaging practical activities aims to provide ideas for further developing your individual and centre practice when working with new apprentices and employers.
The event is aimed at: Assessors/ Trainers, Curriculum Managers, IQAs, Apprenticeship/WBL Managers, Quality Managers and others who may have a teaching, learning and/or assessment role within the delivery of the new apprenticeship standards. Employers are also welcome to attend.
This workshop delivered over one day will cover the key themes of:
- Reviewing your current centre practice in respect of the new apprenticeship standards and related delivery
- Understanding the importance of EPA planning and preparation in the apprenticeship learner journey
- Understanding the difference and importance of ‘holistic’, ‘formative’ and ‘summative’ assessment strategies with the apprentice and the employer
- Exploring how apprentices can learn to ‘show-case’ their knowledge, skills and behaviours in front of a stranger
- Unpacking good practice in exams, tests/MCQs including marking, grasp of command verbs and providing developmental feedback to the apprentice
- Exploring ‘top tips’ for professional discussion, projects and portfolios which form part of the EPA process