Agriculture Crops & Livestock
- C&G Level 1 Diploma in Work Based Agriculture
- C&G Diploma in Work-based Agriculture (QCF)
- C&G Diploma in Agriculture
- C&G Entry 3 Diploma in Employability Skills (Houghall) (Violet)
- NPTC Award in Land-Based Forklift Truck Operations (Telescopic Types)
- C&G Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Land-based Operations (Houghall)
- NPTC Foundation Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
- College Certificate in the Safe Use of Pesticides (PA6a Refresher)
- C&G Entry 1 Diploma in Personal Progress (Houghall)
- NPTC Award in Tractor Driving and Related Operations
- College Certificate Tractor Operation & Basic Maintenance (Two Day Course)
Course LevelsEntry 1 2 3
Agriculture Crops & Livestock at East Durham College, Houghall Campus
Set on a stunning 476-acre estate, minutes from Durham City Centre, the Houghall Campus is a fantastic place to study agriculture.
Equipped with all of the modern facilities you would expect from a renowned land based college, the site boasts extensive grounds, a specialist small-animal care unit, stables and a working farm with large animals available for curriculum studies.
Houghall farm comprises of mixed farming, including a 50 cow suckler herd and 50 bucket-reared calf enterprise which combined produce 100 fat cattle a year. The herd are made up of pure Hereford, Dairy Cross Belgian Blue, Limousin Cross and Aberdeen Angus Cross which are all artificially inseminated from top Hereford Bull Ferrari.