Equine Care & Management
Equine Level 3 (Equine Management)
This study programme is designed to provide the opportunity for students to gain detailed academic knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of equitation, animal/equine science, equine events and business in relation to horse management. The course provides students with a valid route into Higher Education or a direct route into practical/operational employment within the equine industry.
Generic areas of study:
• Planning and monitoring animal feeding
• Undertake stable and yard management
• Selecting and fitting horse tack and equipment
• Preparing horses for presentation
• Understanding and promoting equine health
• Understanding the principles of animal biology and anatomy and physiology
• Work related experience
• English and maths where applicable
Practical Equine Management Pathway
This pathway provides an excellent study route for students looking to pursue a more practical non-riding focused career within the equestrian industry. Students will undertake a comprehensive study programme in a variety of practical and theory based topics, working to develop essential industry skills required by employers. Riding is available as enrichment on the Practical Equine Management pathway.
There is the opportunity in the second year of the programme to study an Equine Enterprise pathway. This pathway is designed for students wanting to work for themselves and potentially set up and run their own business.