Equine Care & Management
Equine Level 3 (Equine Sport) at Askham Bryan
This study programme is designed to provide the opportunity for students to gain detailed academic knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of equitation, animal/equine science, equine events and business in relation to horse management. The course provides students with a valid route into Higher Education or a direct route into practical/operational employment within the equine industry.
Generic areas of study:
• Planning and monitoring animal feeding
• Undertake stable and yard management
• Selecting and fitting horse tack and equipment
• Preparing horses for presentation
• Understanding and promoting equine health
• Understanding the principles of animal biology and anatomy and physiology
• Work related experience
• English and maths where applicable
Equine Sport Pathway
This pathway allows students to develop their riding and training ability both in the saddle and from the ground. This route is very practical and physically demanding as students will have multiple practical sessions per week including riding lessons.