Equine Care & Management
Horse Management (Middlesbrough Centre) Level 3
A step up from the Level 2 diploma, the Level 3 course offers the opportunity to investigate a range of more advanced horse management topics both in the classroom and practically.
• Equine feeding and health
• Horse tack and equipment
• Horse behaviour and welfare
• Preparing horses for presentation
• Anatomy and physiology
• Riding horses on the flat and over fences (Optional)
• Rehabilitation and therapy
• Stable and yard management
• Work experience
• English and maths where applicable
Your work is assessed continually throughout the course, this could be through practical work, theory and riding as well as written assignments.
Middlesbrough students will access external equine facilities from across the Tees.