Landbased Engineering Apprenticeship (England)
Landbased engineering is a broad and highly specialised industry working with a vast array of machines. Employees are expected to work on a wide range of specialist vehicles and machines used in agriculture, forestry, horticulture, groundcare and fixed plant. An important role for employees is keeping equipment in good working order through planned maintenance, as well as carrying out any diagnostic and repair work when required. This Framework now has Apprenticeship Standards in place that will replace them.
The landbased engineering industry is comprised of the following areas:
- Agricultural machinery – including tractors, harvest, cultivation and crop protection machinery
- Groundcare machinery – including garden, sports turf and local grounds maintenance machinery
- Forestry / arboriculture machinery – including chainsaws and chippers
- Fixed machinery – including grain and crop processing, and milking equipment
- Power Equipment – including Honda power equipment – ride on, pedestrian and robotic mowers, the brush cutting range, generators, water pumps, snow blowers, power carriers and small industrial engines.