Level 2 Technical Award in Land Based Studies
The Level 2 Technical Award in Land Based Studies allows learners to gain theoretical knowledge and a small number of technical skills, related to the land-based sector, not usually acquired through general education. It develops the following knowledge, understanding and skills:
- different uses of land and associated industries
- challenges and conflicts that arise when land is used for food production, leisure and conservation
- how the structure and function of plants affects successful propagation and yields
- requirements of optimum nutrition required for animal growth and health
- what role technology plays in the land based sector
- the range of technology used within the land based sector from DNA testing to use of drones
- how science and innovation has influenced technology developments
- development of animal and plant husbandry skills.
Learners could progress to a broad range of academic and/or vocational qualifications post-16 including Level 3 Advanced Technicals in
- Animal Management
- Equine Management
- Forestry and Arboriculture
You would also find the understanding and skills useful to progress to an apprenticeship.
This Technical Award is aimed at learners aged 14-16 (Key stage 4) studying in full time education.
View the Level 2 Technical Award in Land Based Studies Qualification Handbook